總網頁瀏覽量

2016年12月4日 星期日

Another Trip to Japan (重訪東瀛)

It's been a while I haven't set foot outside of HK. As it's maple leaves time in Kyoto, I thought I might want to take a second look there. I went to Japan last year and found the leaves there incredibly beautiful. Would it be the same this time? Whilst trees do have a certain time table every year for pushing out buds, fleshing them out into full-bodied leaves and for shedding them, there might be micro-changes in the temperature, humidity, sunlight and aging etc. 


Before seeing maple leaves, I already got a very realistic view of some pine needles  behind some Christmas decoration at the airport.




and had to wait for my plane

This time, I had to go to a terminal I've never been to.


part of my "new" terminal

 

My departure gate. 

 

As it's pretty boring to simply sit there waiting, I got up and caught some reflections



It's interesting to see what effects of off-glass reflections can do to normal vision: one can get windows on landing port stair.



aeroplane, landing port extension and windows got all jumbled together



one can even get some windows in the sky!



Finally, the plane is taxi-ing out on the runway



My last look of the foggy airport



and finally up the sky: waves from three boats describing an arc



Although I've been flying many times off this airport, I seldom did so in daylight. So it's a welcome change this time.




I got to look at the city from a very different perspective



moving further and further along the flight path.


away from the built up areas



The hills are receding



until they begin to look a bit like those "maps" on my primary school geography books before aerial photos become popular


 Soon, there was nothing but a boat below




and clouds above




From time to time, there'd be some breaks in the clouds




but it seems that even up in the sky, there's still hierarchy
 


there are clouds above other clouds




some more turbulent than others.




But the hierarchy was broken by my snack




and I could finally rise above the stormy clouds




But wait a minute, there's turbulence again as we descended



I could see the clouds swirling around me



But beneath the turbulence, I got a glimpse of the Osaka International Airport


It was raining. 



I could see another plane taxi-ing in




The watch tower at the airport




We're moving in now closer to the landing gate


finally stopping beside another Hong Kong airline

.

I was greeted by another Christmas decoration outside my hotel



The hotel lobby


The inside of the huge lamp shade



Flower display at semi-circular sitting area of the reception hall



Flowers beside the reception counter


various prizes for the Christmas lucky draw


various Moet & Chandon wines



Part of the hotel dining area




my floor




After checking in, we had to get some tourist pamphlets and train tickets at the Kyoto Railway Station for our destination the following day.




A model Japanese palace outside the railway station




On one side of the station, there was a lit huge ribbon




on the other side, a huge Christmas tree




with changing lights




even the stairs to the 11-storey building was lit.


 

A pavilion at the roof floor


from which one could get a panoramic view of the city at night



Looking down from the roof



There's a famous "Ramen" (a kind of Japanese noodle) street on the 10th floor

 

This is a very famous restaurant from Hokkaido


a picture of the original restaurant in Hokkaido




But one had first to buy the meal ticket from a vending machine outside the restaurant



where lots of choices are displayed on the screen



On the table are four eggs which are included in the price




All the condiments




Two of the young waitresses there




This is my choice




An advertisement stand outside the restaurant




The adjacent restaurant




The Christmas tree in the middle became three: an additional one on each side of the stairs as reflections




getting down after the meal to get back to our hotel




Another look at the famous tower right opposite the train station before returning to the hotel.

沒有留言:

張貼留言